Nellie Edge Online Seminar Practicum Suggestions:
Meaningful and Thoughtful Work That Will Take Your Teaching to a Higher Level
What a 15-Hour Practicum Might Look Like!
Read the Seminar Power Guide for Reflection and Practical Application:
We offer participants the opportunity to meet the practicum requirements with professional study, reflection, goal setting, and developing an implementation plan: How to increase student engagement, achievement and joy! Study the online seminar and read the 100-page seminar Power Guide (eBook).
Earn University Credits
Download the Professional Development Credits information and form for each Seminar
(Includes Practicum Suggestions)
- Seminar #1: Download Information and Form
- Seminar #2: Download Information and Form
- Seminar #3: Download Information and Form
Choose the proven practices that you want to make routine in your classroom
- Read and study the Self-Assessment Guidelines for Excellence that accompanies your Nellie Edge Online Seminar. Consider areas of your current approach to teaching and learning that you want to strengthen. Create short-term goals (What can you begin implementing right now?) and long-term goals (What do you want to be doing in your classroom one month and four months from now?). Download the Seminar Resources that will allow you to enhance your current strategies. Develop an action plan: What will you need to study, create, and document to meet your goals? Review the seminar Power Guide for additional resources. Study (again) chapters of the online seminar that demonstrate strategies you want to use or adapt.
- Download and organize your Seminar Resources into a notebook: One place where you can access all of the seminar tools! Which ones will you need to duplicate in color? Which editable parent letters will you adapt and have ready for the school year? Which props will you use to make learning visible for your students? How will you use props to celebrate mastery? (Or, create your own unique props, certificates, and class books to celebrate learning.)
- Write a three-page action/response/implementation paper to the seminar content and Power Guide (eBook). Discuss how this action-research will affect your practice as an educator. Include at least 3 new concepts or strategies that you will implement in your classroom as a result of your seminar viewing and reflective study. This would qualify as one unit of practicum credit. (Approximately 15 hours of Professional Development designed to directly increase student achievement!)